Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Riding with a racer, A crash, and damn broken spokes again

This past weekend saw some absolutely beautiful weather for riding and what did I go and do? I drank too much on Friday night so my attempt at a 30 mile ride on Saturday was riddled with a throbbing headache and all around soreness. I did make the ride anyways and felt good afterward. My band played the night before and apparently I just needed to get it out...........bad news for training. On to Sunday, I didn't drink too much Saturday and figured I'd get a ride in early afternoon but my buddy Bri who actually races road bikes called me early to do a "short" little ride. I realized that my gearing is not ideal for riding hard and fast..........ugh, we were doing about 22mph the whole time, which is about 4mph faster than what I average........good for the heart, bad for my stamina. 4 miles into what amounted to a 20 mile ride for me a car pulled left in front of us, Bri broke hard left and braked, I did the same only clipped his rear wheel and went down hard.....I bruised my poor little bottom but felt ok..........4 miles later my headache from the day before was back...........ugh, I went as far as I could but had to turn around..........I do believe I'm going to get a road bike as well..........I'm going to do the Aidsride on my fixed gear but I want to haul ass on a road bike too. Oh and yesterday I heard a pop and lost 2 spokes on my rear wheel again.........it's getting too expensive to keep fixing so I think I'm going to look into some new wheels.............damn bikes are expensive!! .........

-Duggy V.

No comments: