Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Typical Man


I am home sick, and in bed. I have been unable to go to work because of my asthma. When I get a cold or the flu, allergies or a cough, my lungs tighten up. This time, my (step) son passed on his germs that he picked up from being a sweet 3 year old boy. Poor little guy was sick and with fever and couldn't sleep at night. He joined his mom and I in our bed during his terrible sleepless nights meanwhile his germies made their way into my chest. He really had it bad for about a week! Hearing his tiny chest rattling all night made us so sad.
When I get the sickness, it lays me out hard. This time around, I caught it relatively early. Other times I try to fight it,and would not give in, trying to outlast it like a typical man. HAHAHAHA! So far, that has never worked.

Today I am starting to feel a bit better and I can't wait to get back to work... and on my BIKE!!! My bike hangs over head right next to the fireplace and I am always looking at it. Thinking about cleaning it up and lubing the chain. It has been hanging there for over a week and has not been ridding as it deserves. I bet the tires are low too. But I just keep looking at it. I bet I will not be able to ride it for at least another week or so. I need to be fully better before I take off on it again...

-danny
It's an old picture, but you get the point...

No comments: