Saturday, December 6, 2008

NUMBER ONE














AH HA! Here is t he very first blog for our ride to help fight aids! Here are the two weapons that we will be taking to the front line with us.

DANNY'S - 1968 Raleigh Super Course custom fixed conversion but you can call her FRECKLES! This bike is one of my biggest scores, besides finding my wife Jenney! I bought this bike in August '08 for my birthday from a friend for $80. The only changes I made to this ride was the wheels. Everything else is fully original! I am riding this *fixed gear conversion* with a 52 tooth chainring and a 18 tooth cog. She is a nice Rootbeer Brown with custom painted Gold **lugs**. I commute to work everyday on my Raleigh for a total of 16 miles a day. My homeskillet Dug and I try to ride every about 50-60 miles every weekend, rain or shine!

DUG'S - 1971 Peugeot U-08 is my conversion....25" or 64.5cm frame. Cheap(er) Alex 450 rims, Sugino Cranks, Brooks Seat, Riser stem, Soma Urban Pursuit Bars, and Shimano 600 Aero pedals are not original. I ride every day to work, and sometimes I ride along side my daughter to school just to add a few miles to the day.......I end up with about 10-12 miles a day. I ride with Danny on the weekends to get closer to the 100 miles a week that I want.........It's a blast!





*A fixed-gear bicycle or fixed wheel bicycle, is a bicycle without the ability to coast. The sprocket is screwed directly on to the hub and there is no freewheel mechanism.*

**Lugged steel frame construction is a method of building bicycle frames using steel tubing and sockets called lugs. For most of the history of the bicycle, steel has been the material of choice for high-quality bicycle frames (though its dominance has waned in the last two decades). Likewise lugged construction has been the preferred means of assembling a steel frame, and retains this status among builders of high-quality steel frames.**

No comments: