Thursday, December 25, 2008

WEAK SAUCE

(Above is the route of the Aids Lifecycle)

I am surprised by the amount of negative feedback I am getting for doing the Aids Lifecycle 2009. "Why are you doing that?" "Are you crazy?" "You're dumb to do it on a fixed gear" It's not all negative feedback but a lot more than I thought I would get!

Being human, It's hard not to focus on negative feedback. I actually started to doubt my abilities to do this ride on a fixed gear. All the hills and wind is starting to become an impossible challenge in my mind. Just this past Saturday I almost didn't make the 50 mile training ride. It was irresponsible to not eat before the ride. I totally ran out of steam by 20 miles into the ride. After eating at the half way point, I felt much better, but still found myself dragging my feet and wishing I was laying down in my warm bed. I have made the ride many times before and felt great in the process. I just can't help but think that some of the negative banter I have received may have given me second thoughts while I have been training.

Boo Hoo... Sorry for this whine session... Hahahaha. It will pass, it always does! :)

-Danny

2 comments:

Doug V said...

Buck up little camper! We still have 6 months to train..........

Anonymous said...

being human, it's easy not to focus on negative feedback - harness the good, block out the bad