Monday, December 8, 2008

Frost Bitten Commuter



This Summer I committed to commute to work for as long as forever. With the rise of gas prices, pollution and needing exercise while being close to nature, it made total sense to me. Even on the hottest day of Summer here in Sacramento I was not about to drive!

I live on the corner of 25th and C st. in midtown Sacto, just 5 blocks from the midtown entrance of one of the best bike trails in California. My commute to work takes me about 3o minutes and is about 98% on the bike trail all the way to the front doors to the Java City Coffee Roasting Facility. This picture of my bike and my trusty skateboarding helmet was taking inside the roasting facility a few months ago. I couldn't help but take some pictures of my two favorite worlds together; Coffee and cycling. I get tons of crap for wearing that pink Protec helmet, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back to my commitment to commuting to work on my bike every day... Today was one of the COLDEST days I have ever experienced on my commute. Must have been in the low 30's!!! I am not equipped to ride in such cold weather. The rain I am ready for, but not freezing weather! You can bet that I will be doing some thrift store shopping for some warm clothes! A ski mask would be perf! As long as it fits under my Bad Ass Protec helmet, I'm set!

-dannygoot

No comments: